Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlandia [4AD]


I purchased Johann Johannsson's new album, "Fordlandia," today with mixed levels of anticipation. Johann's last album ("Jóhann Jóhannsson: ibm 1401, a user's manual") was pretty much a let down for me. The concept was basically combining extremely pretty orchestral movements set behind someone reading passages from a computer manual. Yeah, I don't really get it either. Seems like kind of a waste of composition of you ask me.

I am a fan of his other stuff though. I put this album on tonight as the sun was beginning to go down and it couldn't have played during a more fitting context. The track runs about 14-minutes in length but doesn't have an excess note throughout. If you need a solid dose of classical/orchestral music, check this out.

Find track one of "Fordlandia" here. If you dig it, please support this man and purchase the album.

-bobby

No comments: